Followers

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Jewelry Cuff

I am a little late getting on the bandwagon of making a fabric cuff
but since I have these lovely laces from Gone Artsy's zibbet store...
It was time to give it a try.  To fit in the theme for the month
I chose flowers which signify "New Beginnings" and since
I had never made a cuff before it is a new beginning for me!
First I stitched a base from 2 pieces of muslin.  I added
some laces from my stash and used the Double Edge
White Embroidered Lace Trim (GA155) from the store.
I also stitched on some pearl white and off white beads.  
I took a Tim Holtz metal piece and bent it slightly to fit
my wrist.  I added some Pink Iridescent Texture Paste
(GA532) in various places on the metal piece.  I printed a
floral picture onto fabric and stuffed it to pop it up.  
I added the Faux Pearl and Rhinestone Cup Chain (GA287) 
to each side and one on the bottom.  I used E6000 glue
to attach it to the metal piece.
There are 2 snaps on the back and I added the Mini Doily 
Applique Two (GA473) topped with buttons to finish it up.
If you use my discount code DTSPL15 you will receive
an additional 15% off your order.   You can find everything
you need to make your own cuff here!  Please check out
Gone Artsy's store, blog and Face Book page.
Thanks for stopping by!